We officially reached the Final Four. And, we all know that during this time of year, catching the game on TV often means watching lay-ups while lying on the couch – dribbling only a drink on our team sweatshirt. Use this March Madness as your motivation to get moving.
It’s surprisingly easy to incorporate exercise into your daily life – even when watching television. As with any fitness program, it’s important to get your doctor’s approval before you begin a rigorous workout program – but here are a few fun ideas to get you off and running.
Game Off? Game On!
- Use those 30-second commercials to time a fast-paced interval workout. Switch between free weights and some heart pumping aerobic moves. These quick bursts of exercise can really add up.
- Challenge your partners to see who can do more jumping jacks before the game comes back on or how many push-ups you can each do before the buzzer blows!
- Can’t believe they missed that easy three-pointer? Play a game between halves or before the next game and show ’em how it’s done. A little competition between friends and family only adds to the fun.
- Cool your heels and heat up your metabolism by taking a brisk walk or jog outdoors before the next game starts.
- Just get out there and keep moving. Make regular exercise a team effort at your house – and everyone’s a winner!
Once you get started, you’ll be glad you did. And, the sweet smell of your team’s victory is so much fresher outside in the yard with a celebratory freestyle ball game of your own or even a winner’s lap around the block.