Ever wonder if the swirling clouds in the sky may develop into a tornado? On September 29, The National Weather Service will present a Severe Weather Spotter training program at WakeMed Cary Hospital to help participants understand the warning process, recognize severe storms and report severe weather.
The following topics will be covered…
- How and why buildings fail in high winds
- Thunderstorm development and severity
- Recognition of storm/cloud elements
- Anticipating storm motion, intensity and severity based on cloud structure
- Explore recent tornadoes which have struck Central NC
Eric Weaver is an educator and quality specialist with WakeMed Campus Police & Public Safety.