This year ask Santa to consider stuffing stockings with fun items but leave the sugary items out. Here are some ideas.
- Mittens and scarves
- Earbuds in fun colors
- Movie theater gift cards
- Jump rope or other small, active toys
- Art supplies, such as pencils, markers and erasers in fun colors and shapes
- Stickers or temporary tattoos
- Small watercolor set with brush and a small pad of art paper
- Bubbles or silly putty
- Trading cards
- Fun bandaids
- School supplies
- Cover for a cell phone or Itouch
- Lotions and nail polishes
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Comfy and cozy holiday socks
For tasty treats, take the old-fashioned approach to stocking stuffers!
- Clementines (easy to peel and eat)
- Apples (a honeycrisp or other sweet apple would be good)
- Small bags of nuts, such as almonds, cashews, walnuts and dark chocolate covered nuts*
- Homemade trail mix with dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, nuts*, whole grain cereal, mini chocolate chips
These ideas are courtesy of Advocates for Health in Action.