Winter weather is forecasted for the Triangle area. As a result, some WakeMed locations will be closing early this evening and opening late due to expected inclement weather. Please note that we will continue to update this posting as the closing/delays are added or altered.
Tuesday, January 21
Closing at 6 pm
Wednesday, January 22
Delayed Opening 10 am
- All WakeMed Physician Practices
- All Rehab Outpatient Services
- WakeMed North Healthplex – Day Surgery, Outpatient Imaging and Lab
- WakeMed Apex Healthplex, Garner Healthplex & Brier Creek Healthplex – Outpatient Imaging and Lab
- Clayton Medical Park – Outpatient Imaging and Rehab
- WakeMed Raleigh Medical Park
- Accent Urgent Care – Raleigh and Cary Locations
Note: WakeMed emergency departments are never closed or have delayed openings!
Winter Health & Safety Information
In addition, please read these previous blog posts to help you and your family stay safe during winter weather events.
Additionally, WakeMed Emergency Departments typically see numerous weather- related accidents during each significant winter storm. Take special precautions to ensure you and your families health and safety.
- Falls – Falls are the number one injury we see during winter weather. Be careful. Take your time, wear appropriate shoes or boots, use handrails when available, and remove or clean your shoes when you get back inside.
- Carbon dioxide poisoning – Never use portable heating equipment that is not approved for indoor use inside – including grills.
- Pulled muscles – Shoveling snow is strenuous work. When you are not used to that kind of movement, make sure to stretch to warm up your body and possibly prevent injury.
- Sledding Accidents – Sleds can be great fun, but they can also be extremely dangerous. See our previous blog about the proper way to sled and for goodness sakes wear a helmet!
- Preparedness on the Road – Remember the .25 inch of ice in 2005 that caused some to have an 8-hour commute? Preparedness is key to survival.
- Heart Health – Winter can put a strain on your heart. Learn how to protect yourself.
- Winter Blues – Being stuck inside can impact your mood. Learn how to stay happy and avoid cabin fever.
- Activities for Kids – After the snow turns to slush, entertaining the kids can be challenging. Use these tips to make everyone – even mom and dad – enjoy the snow day.