Due to the widespread outbreak of flu in this area, WakeMed is restricting visitation in all patient care facilities in an effort to protect patients, visitors and employees from illness. Effective Friday, January 9, the following visitation restrictions apply to all WakeMed patient care facilities:
- No visitors under the age of 12 are permitted without prior approval from a WakeMed health care provider. (Any limited exceptions to the restrictions may be considered on a case-by-case basis, after the risk to the patient has been fully evaluated and discussed with the patient and their family or significant other.)
- Each patient is limited to two adult visitors at a time.
- WakeMed staff asks all visitors not to visit patients if they are ill. Symptoms of concern include: fever, cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours. WakeMed staff will direct any ill family members or visitors to please return home.
For more information about flu, visit our Flu Resource Center and read these blogs:
- Flu-Like Symptoms? What to Expect from the Doctor’s Visit
- In the Season of Flu, Help Boost Your Immunity
- Dispelling Flu Myths