The nursing profession is one of the fastest growing occupations in the United States. It’s also one of the most rewarding.
National Certified Nurses Day is a national day to honor and recognize the important achievement of all nurses who have gained specialty and sub-specialty certifications. Certification is a tremendous milestone in a professional journey to serve others within the healthcare industry.
Did You Know?
- WakeMed has more than 1,000 certified nurses (31% of our nurses).
- Several of our nursing units have 100 percent certified nurses (all nurses on a particular unit with a national certification).
- We support nurses who are seeking certification through reimbursement programs and lots of classes to help them study.
3 Ways You Can Thank a Nurse Today
Nurses work extremely hard to care for patients as well as families of patients. Here are three quick ways you can show your appreciation to your nurse:
- Nominate your nurse for a DAISY Award.
- Write him/her a letter of thanks.
- Simply say, “Thank You” when you see them.
A huge THANK YOU to all of our wonderful nurses and nursing staff at WakeMed!
About National Certified Nurses Day
National Certified Nurses day was founded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a way to honor the birthday of the late Margretta “Gretta” Madden Styles. An international pioneer of nursing certification and longtime friend of AACN and AACN Certification Corporation, Styles was responsible for designing the first comprehensive study of nurse credentialing.