What better way to cool down this summer than with one of our favorite summertime fruits? These pineapple recipes are delicious, healthy and super easy to make. Try one or all of them!
Pineapple Coconut Overnight Oats
Prep time: 5 m | Total Time: 5 m
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 5-8 ounces Pineapple Greek yogurt (can sub Vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple with the juice (can sub diced pineapple with juice)
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For topping: Fresh pineapple and additional coconut
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together (rolled oats through cinnamon) and chill overnight.
- You may also divide mixture into individual serving bowls before refrigerating.
- Top with fresh pineapple and additional shredded coconut. Enjoy for breakfast for a few days.
[via Nutritious Eats]
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Prep time: 10 m | Total Time: 2 h 30 m
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple into the marinade until well coated.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
[via All Recipes]
Piña Colada Pie in a Jar
Prep time: 30 m | Total Time: 30 m
- 3 c. finely crushed graham crackers
- 12 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 15-ounce cans crushed pineapple
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and stir until combined.
Make pineapple layer:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat crushed pineapple until thick and jammy, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make cream layer:
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in cream cheese and sugar. (For best results, transfer mixture to a piping bag.)
In the jars:
- Among four mason jars, layer graham cracker crust, pineapple (using a spoon), and cream, alternating until you reach the top of the jar.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.
Share Your Favorite Recipe!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Let us know. Send an email to us: email@example.com.