Add a splash of the tropics to your summer with these super simple & healthy tropics-inspired recipes!
Tropical Cucumber Salad
Prep time: 15 m | Total Time: 15 m
- 3-5 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into ¾-inch dice
- 1 avocado, cut into ¾-inch dice
- 1 mango, cut into ¾-inch dice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk fish sauce to taste, lime zest, lime juice, oil, brown sugar, vinegar and crushed red pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add cucumber, avocado, mango and cilantro; gently toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with lime zest, if desired.
*Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
[via Eating Well]
Open-Faced Prosciutto and Plum Sandwiches
Prep Time: 7 m | Total Time: 7 m
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 2 ripe plums, cut into thin wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Spread 3/4 ounce cheese evenly over each bread slice; divide arugula, plum wedges, and prosciutto evenly over sandwiches.
- Drizzle each sandwich with about 1 tablespoon fig preserves mixture.
[via Ann Taylor Pittman, Cooking Light]
Thai Fruit Salad
Prep Time: 10 m | Total Time: 10 m
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Thai hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced mango
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, add the coconut milk, honey, hot sauce, scallions and lime zest and juice.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil and taste for seasoning; add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add the fruit and nuts to the bowl and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
[via Bobby Deen, Cooking Channel]
Share Your Favorite Recipe!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Let us know. Send an email to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.