The summer isn’t over just yet! Cool down with this super easy, healthy cucumber recipe. *Bonus – You can purchase locally grown, fresh cucumbers at the WakeMed Farmer’s Market. Our last Farmer’s Market is Tuesday, August 29th!
Prep Time: 10 m | Total Time: 20 m
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts only, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 pounds tender-skinned cucumbers—peeled in stripes, halved, seeded and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Add the leek and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until tender, 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cucumbers, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter and the water.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the cucumbers are crisp-tender, 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over moderately high heat until any liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the cucumbers to a bowl, stir in the dill and serve.
[via Brent Ridge, Food & Wine]