A frittata is an egg-based Italian dish, similar to an omelette or a crust-less quiche. Below, we’ve scrambled together a few quick & easy frittata recipes for you to try. They’re easy to make and are a great addition to any healthy diet. Give them a try!
Linguine Frittata with Greens
Prep Time: 20 m | Total Time: 17 m
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 3 large eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked linguine (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and with water squeezed out
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray, and melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat.
- Add leek, and sauté 4 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in linguine, collards, and reserved leek.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over low heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes or until the top is set.
- Heat broiler.
- Sprinkle frittata with mozzarella, and broil 3 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Kale, Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Frittata
Prep Time: 15 m | Total Time: 17 m
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large handful bagged chopped kale, chopped a bit more finely
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Preheat your broiler (use low if you have the option).
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to an oven-proof 10 1/2 inch nonstick skillet, over medium heat.
- Add chopped red pepper and kale and sauté for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add egg and milk mixture to skillet. Let set for a minute.
- Using a spatula carefully begin to separate egg mixture from side of the pan, tilting pan while doing this so that egg mixture fills the space. Do this all around pan so that frittata cooks up evenly. Continue to do this until most of egg mixture is spread and only a small layer is left on top.
- Spread crumbled goat cheese evenly to top of frittata.
- Place in oven under broiler and let cook for about 3-4 minutes, watching carefully. Let top of frittata cook completely and brown slightly.
- Carefully take skillet out from oven. Let cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Slide frittata out onto a plate or cutting board and slice into quarters. Serve warm.
[via Aggie’s Kitchen]
Mini Ham & Broccoli Frittatas
Prep Time: 10 m | Total Time: 20 m
- 1 cup fully cooked ham, cut into cubes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion, minced
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. chives, minced
- 2 tbsp. full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Oil each cup on the muffin tray with some melted Paleo cooking fat.
- Divide the ham, broccoli, and onion equally among the muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, chives, coconut milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Fill the cups almost to the top but not completely.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and cook 20 to 22 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully remove the mini frittatas from the muffin tray and serve.
[via Paleo Leap]