Who would’ve thought that you could make a meal in a mug! These recipes are ridiculously easy and take just a few minutes to make.
2 Minute Omelette in a Mug
Prep Time: 3 m | Total Time: 4 m
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of meat, diced
- 1 Tbsp of salsa
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheese
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork.
- Add diced meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until eggs are set.
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper.
Healthy 1-Minute Blueberry Muffin
Prep Time: 3 m | Total Time: 4 m
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T almond flour
- 1 T oat flour (omit for paleo version)*
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 large egg (can sub for 1 large egg white or 1 flax egg)
- 1 T mashed banana/pumpkin/mashed starch (can sub for 1 T coconut oil OR ghee)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- 2-3 T frozen blueberries
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, sweetener, cinnamon and baking powder in mix well.
- Add in your egg, mashed banana, dairy free milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries and ensure there are a few remaining at the top.
- Microwave for 50 seconds (or up to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave) and remove. Enjoy immediately.
[via The Big Man’s World]
Honey Almond Oatmeal Mug Cake
Prep Time: 5 m | Total Time: 7 m
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) almond flour
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) quick oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp (20 g) honey
- 1/2 Tbsp (8 g) almond butter
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, oats, and baking powder to a microwave-safe mug or bowl, mixing until all the dry ingredients are well combined.
- Add the milk and egg white, stirring until no clumps remain before adding in the honey and almond butter.
- Stir the batter gently, making sure that all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Microwave on high for 2½ to 3 minutes, depending on microwave strength and size of mug.*
- Remove from microwave, top with an additional drizzle of honey, if desired, and enjoy!
[via Running with Spoons]
Sweet Potato Hash in a Mug
Prep Time: 7 m | Total Time: 11 m
- 1 small sweet potato (around 6 oz/1 cup)
- Water, enough to cover the potatoes
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or dried
- ¼ tablespoons (½ oz/15g) Butter
- Peel and chop small cubes of sweet potato (the smaller you cut the pieces the faster the potato will cook).
- Add into a large microwave safe mug and cover totally with cold water. Use a large mug as the water might bubble up in the microwave.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes in the microwave until it is tender. It will turn an orange color when done. (Check the potatoes halfway and stir so it doesn’t get too hot and overspill)
- Drain off the water and add in the peppers, onion, cheese, butter, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix everything well together.
- Put back in the microwave and heat these ingredients together for another 40 seconds until hot and the cheese melts.
[via Bigger Bolder Baking]
Burrito Bowl in a Mug
Prep Time: 3 m | Total Time: 15 m
- ex: beans, chicken, tofu, corn, chopped spinach, peppers, cilantro, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, lime juice, etc.
- 1⁄4 cup rice uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine water and rice in a large mug.
- Microwave 1-1.5 minutes on high power, or UNTIL IT BOILS. Once it boils, let it sit for a minute.
- Let it go for another 5-6 minutes at half power.
- Once microwaved, let it sit for 5 minutes before you touch it. Fluff with a fork and add remaining burrito bowl ingredients of choice.
- Return to microwave for 1 minute to heat all of the ingredients & enjoy!
[via Mind Over Munch]