Prevent Brain Injury. Here’s how!
Tip 1: At Play
- Wear American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) approved head protection for your sport.
- Don’t slide headfirst into base.
- Don’t dive into shallow water.
- Your clothes should not interfere with your vision.
Tip 2: At Home
- Use hand railings.
- Secure rugs.
- Put away toys.
- Install grab bars in bathrooms.
- Secure loose cords.
Tip 3: On the Road
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don’t drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Use the correct child safety seat.
Brought to you by the concussion/traumatic brain injury experts at WakeMed Neuropsychology.