Warm up this fall with a quick and comforting bowl of curry!
Coconut Chickpea Curry
Prep Time: 10 m | Total Time: 25 m
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 can (14 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic until onions are softened.
- Add the salt, curry powder, and turmeric. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in chickpeas and frozen vegetables; cover and cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or as is!
About Megan Hogg, MS, CCC-SLP
Megan is a speech therapist at WakeMed who works with both pediatric and adult patients in inpatient rehab. When she’s not at work or cooking up something new in the kitchen, Megan enjoys spending time with her husband and friends, being outside, reading, and volunteering in the community.