Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins A and C and contain healthy doses of potassium. Check out this sweet potato casserole recipe for a healthier version of this favorite dish!
Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole
Cook Time: 1 h 15 m
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mist an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pot with a large steamer basket in place.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the basket, cover and steam until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the honey, egg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt; whip with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake until hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes.