You may be wondering if your doctor’s appointment or scheduled procedure will proceed in spite of the winter weather. As of 9 pm on Tuesday, March 3, the following services and offices will have modified hours. We will continue to update this blog as additional closings or delays are announced. Thank you!
Delayed Opening at 10 am on Tuesday, March 4:
- All WakeMed Physician Practices locations
- Accent Urgent Care – Raleigh & Cary locations
- WakeMed North Healthplex – Day Surgery, Outpatient Imaging and Lab
- WakeMed Apex Healthplex, Garner Healthplex and Brier Creek Healthplex– Outpatient Imaging and Lab
- Clayton Medical Park – Outpatient Imaging and Rehab
- Raleigh Medical Park (not including Capital City Surgery Center)
- WakeMed Healthworks
- All WakeMed Outpatient Rehab locations
*Note: WakeMed emergency departments are never closed nor do they ever have delayed openings!
Winter Health & Safety Information Please read these previous blog posts to help you and your family stay safe during winter weather events. WakeMed Emergency Departments typically see numerous weather-related accidents during each significant winter storm. Take special precautions to ensure you and your family’s health and safety.
- Falls – Falls are the number one injury we see during winter weather. Be careful.
- Wrist Injuries – The snow and ice that the season often brings can lead to slippery conditions outside. Wrists frequently take the brunt of a fall.
- Sledding Accidents – Sleds can be great fun, but they can also be extremely dangerous. See our previous blog about the proper way to sled and for goodness sakes wear a helmet!
- Preparedness on the Road – Remember the .25 inch of ice in 2005 that caused some to have an 8-hour commute? Preparedness is key to survival.
- Heart Health – Winter can put a strain on your heart. Learn how to protect yourself.
- Winter Blues – Being stuck inside can impact your mood. Learn how to stay happy and avoid cabin fever.
- Activities for Kids – After the snow turns to slush, entertaining the kids can be challenging. Use these tips to make everyone – even mom and dad – enjoy the snow day.
- In Labor & Snowed In? – Our best advice to you.