Asian Noodle Lettuce Wraps
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 handful of scallions
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- ½ head napa cabbage
- ½ head purple cabbage
- 2 cups peanuts
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cook spaghetti al dente (about 7-8 minutes).
- While spaghetti is cooking, thinly slice carrots, red bell pepper, cucumbers, scallions, and cabbage.
- Drain cooked spaghetti in a colander and pour cold water over noodles to cool. Let drain well.
- Mix spaghetti, carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, cucumbers, scallions, cilantro, napa cabbage, and purple cabbage.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients together with a whisk or in blender.
- Toss noodles mixture and spoon into lettuce leaves.
Optional: garnish with chopped peanuts.
About WakeMed Corporate & Community Health
The Corporate and Community Health division of WakeMed provides worksite wellness and health promotion services to numerous corporate and community clients throughout Wake County. The department is made up of a multi-disciplinary team who perform preventative health screenings, education and coaching upon request. The department assists thousands of people each year on their wellness journey.